Home Insurance

At Dempsey Insurances, we offer fast, competitive household insurance quotations for your needs.

Our quotation system allows us to check for the best policy for you from our range of insurers.

We deal with over 15 insurers and we will advise you on the best policy available.  We will reply to your request within 4 hours working hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm).

Home Insurance Insurance Quote Form

    Your Name*
    Address (Must have Eircode)*
    Date of Birth*
    E-mail Address:
    Type of Residence*
    Sums Insured Buildings*
    All Risks (This for valuable items to be insured outside of House)
    Smoke Alarms
    Burglar Alarms
    Data House Built and Number of Bathrooms and Bedrooms
    If PRE 1920
    Any flat Roof?
    If yes was%
    Any Claims (If yes - Please provide details - Dates, amount paid out and description
    Current Insurer and Renewal date

    Home Insurance FAQs

    We want to make sure you know exactly what you’re protected for, so please take a look at our FAQs or talk to our customer support.

    Home insurance gives you peace of mind that should anything happen to your home, the cost of rebuilding it will be covered by your insurance provider. Not only that, banks require you to have home insurance as part of your mortgage agreement

    We define contents as everything you could take if you were to move house. We recommend you spend some time creating an inventory of your contents in each room and also outbuildings. Household contents such as garden equipment, lawnmowers etc are covered but work tools/equipment are not covered.

    To calculate how much you should insure your property for, you'll need to find out the rebuilding costs.. We recommend that you visit the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland website to work out the rebuilding cost of your property.

    They're covered too. However, there may be some conditions or limits which apply.

    It's actually pretty easy. Open your door and have a look at the metal plate near the edge. If you look closely you should be able to see the lock type and name engraved on it.

    Definitely no! In fact there is legislation giving you complete freedom to shop around for cheap home insurance. The key thing to remember is that your buildings must be insured to the amount stated by your bank or building society when they valued the property, but you are NOT obliged to take out a policy with them.

    We recommend you check that all tradesman have Public Liability and Employers insurance cover when carrying out repairs as our household policy only covers domestic employees like cleaners and child minders.

    Just call 046 9431312 or email insurance@dempsey.ie with your new details and we'll amend your policy right away.

    All-risks cover allows you to insure items away from your home. Typically, you create a list of each item you'd like insured or go for an overall value for unspecified contents. The choice is yours. Do remember though that the majority of policies contain an upper limit on how much you'll be able to insure each item for, unless you state otherwise.

    covers items outside of the home. It is typically on a global basis and we'll need valuations where the value of your items is greater than the pre-agreed amount.

    is normally on a global basis and insures unspecified items outside of the home which are valued less than €1,000. For instance you could insure a sum of €2,000 to cover numerous items, although none of the items will be valued at more than €1,000.

    Every policy has an excess. This is the amount you have to pay towards a claims. Typically an excess is €250 to €350. This means that the first €250 to €350 wouldn’t be covered. For water damage claims, usually the excess is higher and for subsidence, it can be in excess of €5000.

    Accidental Damage covers unintentional damage to the building or its contents. For example, putting a foot through the ceiling whilst in the attic above, or knocking over the TV.

    Accidental Damage is an optional cover which provides protection for events not covered by the normal perils of fire, flood, theft, etc. You can have both accidental damage insurance for buildings and accidental damage cover for contents. If you accidental damage cover for your building it doesn’t necessarily mean you have accidental damage cover for your contents.